Wednesday, April 23, 2014

"Waiting On" Wednesday: After Everything


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


After Everything
By Suellen Dainty

Publication Date: July 22

From Amazon:

It’s never too late to make amends.

They’ve been the best of friends for decades. 

They’ve seen everything—marriage, divorce, success, and bankruptcy.

They think that there are no more surprises, that they’ve learned all of life’s lessons.

But they’re wrong. They’ve only just begun. 

Wonderfully wise and deeply engaging, After Everything is about the frailties and joys of friendship and family and the struggle of learning how to live in a changing world. In this heartwarming novel about midlife coming-of-age, some relationships blossom, others fade, but all reveal the ambivalent nature of the ties that bind us to each other.



What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link below!



28 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

My kind of story! Thanks for sharing.

Shay(The Story Goes...) said...

I don't normally read adult contemporary but must admit this one sounds good, and I am sure it would make a great gift for my mom.
Great pick!

Unknown said...

You always make such poignant picks. Sounds good, Jill! :)

Sam's Book Basket said...

Eeep, this sounds great!

Check out my WoW this week: Click here ;)

Anonymous said...

This sounds really good. It would be a nice one to get me out of my reading comfort zone, I don't read adult contemporaries that much. Great post!

Novels On The Run said...

The cover doesn't really catch my eye, but I like the synopsis. Enjoy when you can read it!

Mich

MzRia said...

Ooooh this sounds really good!! GREAT Pick!! My WoW

JC Jones said...

That sounds like a story all of us might live. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

That looks interesting. I'm going to have to check it out! :) Have a good week

My Waiting on Wednesday
Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

Shane @ItchingforBooks said...

Nice pick. Very interesting. Thanks for sharing :)

Shane @ Itching for Books

Imogen said...

I love this weekly feature! Great idea :) And that book looks really good! xx

Kevin said...

I love stories about friendships and family. SOunds like a good one.

Laura said...

This one sounds interesting. I like the idea of a mid-life coming of age story. Laura @ Through Raspberry Colored Glasses

Sheri said...

Love your choice! Sounds great :) Here is my WoW

fakesteph said...

Not sure this is my kind of book, but I hope you get to read it soon and that you love it!

Camille Flores said...

That book summary sure did leave me curious :) Thanks for sharing Jill :)

Greg said...

Sounds like a nice story about friendship and life choices, good for a nice spring day. Hope you enjoy!

Unknown said...

Second Wow :D

http://dystopian-books.blogspot.com/2014/04/waiting-on-wednesday-2-snow-like-ashes.html

Jessica L. Brooks (coffeelvnmom) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica L. Brooks (coffeelvnmom) said...

Hmmm... the ambivalent nature, huh? Interesting! Thanks for sharing :)

Georgia Dalton said...

Sounds good, thanks for sharing Jill! :)

Beth Hoffman said...

This title is new to me and the story sounds good! Happy Wednesday, Jill!

Ali @ Ali's Books said...

Sounds interesting and unpredictable.

Unknown said...

I really like the premise of this book! It's a great pick :)

Here's my WoW @ Vicariously!

Best,
Rebecca

Unknown said...

That actually sounds kind of interesting. Nice pick! :D

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing! Here's my WoW for this week: The Falconer.

Unknown said...

Sounds good! Thanks!

The Cover Contessa said...

Never heard of this one. Hope you enjoy when you read it!